On 23 February, IFLR’s first-ever Central & Eastern European Finance Forum will be held in Vienna (Hilton Vienna). The conference will address the legal challenges facing finance and capital markets.
It brings together private practice lawyers, in-house counsel, bankers and regulators to analyse legal and financial strategies being employed across the region and will take a look at the new opportunities and threats that lie ahead. Delegates will discover how the banking industry is managing the road to recovery, where restructurings are falling apart and why, and how banks are coping with distressed debt, and much more.
The conference will also deal with questions such as:
- Which countries in CEE might be the first to recover from recession and why?
- How willing and able are banks to lend?
- What do new regulations such as Basel II mean for new and non-EU countries?
- What lessons have been learnt and what new opportunities are on the horizon?
CHSH will be hosting one of the key panels at the Forum where it will analyze and discuss “Crisis and future management of real estate and project financings” together with international experts both from the financing and the corporate side. Topics are:
- Effects of the crisis on real estate and project financings
- How did banks handle the situation throughout CEE?
- What are the lessons learnt?
- Outlook on future developments
- What are the expectations for Austrian market players?
Volker Glas, partner, CHSH Banking & Corporate Finance Team (moderator)
Bruno Ettenauer, CEO, CA Immo AG and CA Immo International AG
Gerhard Breindl, Managing Director, head group real estate, Erste Group Bank AG Group Corporate and Investment Banking
Wolfgang Mitterberger, Head of Real Estate and Public Finance, Raiffeisen Zentralbank Österreich AG
Thomas Zivny, CHSH partner, CEE/SEE project financing